Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It All Began With....

Mark and I met online which is kind of a funny story. I pretty much had given up on dating- I was through with meeting people at church, through with the blind dates, through with the set ups, etc. A girl at work told me to try meeting people online...Facebook, LDS dating site, etc. I shrugged away the thought thinking it was creepy and for desperate people. But then one day, I broke down and signed up for a free account. Turns out Mark had the same thoughts and same feelings and was convinced to do the same. Coincidence? I think not! His profile was interesting...haha. I really loved this photo of him holding a tiger in the Philippines. His long side swept hair just did something for me along with his bulging muscles. ;)


I also loved this photo of him standing atop a cliff, overlooking a city in the Philippines. It showed that he was athletic and active. I love traveling and this showed that he did too. Plus it was so beautiful and such a gorgeous view. 


Mark loved this black and white photo of me. He thought I was just the kind of girl he was looking for and was immediately attracted to me. He did say afterwards that I was not the type of person he thought I portrayed in my profile. Nothing bad...he just said I had more of a fun and outgoing personality in real life. More sarcastic and spontaneous as well. ;)


So that was sometime in December that we met online and started an email and text relationship. Our first date didn't come until February 1st. It was then that we found out we kind of already knew each other. My older brother and him were in the same classes in middle and high school. I was the same age as his younger sister and were in a couple classes together with her as well. Mark and I attended the same singles ward. We have a lot of the same friends and yet never ran into each other before now. First date post to come another day!!

4 comments:

AggieMay said...

Fun- great start to the blog- I look forward to more :)

Shari, Matt & Family said...

Oh I Loved hearing "The Story" So neat how you guys met and how it took online to meet! Crazy how things go! I totally believe in those online dating/match services! I am so happy for you and that you found your man!! Can't wait for your wedding =)

Anna said...

haha i LOVE it! i'm glad i know now where this myserty man came from. it was like all the sudden you were engaged and i was like 'i didn't even know nicole was dating anyone!' and now it all makes sense. congrats and please keep this updated!
xoxo

Mrs. Olsen said...

That is fantastic! We ARE sisters! So much in common. :) Justin and I went to high school together and had the exact same friends and still didn't know each other. ha ha I don't feel so pathetic now ;) This blog is absolutely darling.

Post a Comment