Thursday, April 14, 2011

First Date

I have always HATED first dates. They are so awkward. You don't know what to say. You don't know how to act. Well I have to say that my first date with Mark was nothing like that. It was so comfortable and so chill. We had plans to play miniature golf at Laser Mania. When he came to pick me up, we ended up talking for nearly two hours. I honestly couldn't tell you everything we talked about but mostly just getting to know you things. There was never an awkward moment or awkward silence. The conversation just flowed. So after nearly two hours of chatting, we did decide to go play miniature golf.


The venue is pretty sweet in that everything is in fluorescent paint and under black lights. It makes it quite enjoyable. Each hole has a theme--from Spider Man to Elvis to Monopoly to Wizard of Oz and everything in between. If any of you know me like I do, you know I am quite competitive and sometimes this causes a problem because I like to cheat in order to win. haha. Well I did my best but Mark won in the end. He even got a hole in one. The final score was 47 to 44. So brilliant Nicole decided that because I lost, Mark had to take me to dinner, in order to make me feel better. However, Mark would have had to take me to dinner anyway. Had I won, the dinner would be a celebration. So I guess you could say I won either way. ;)


By the time we finished our game, it was nearing 11 PM which meant none of the restaurants were still open. It was either fast food or Denny's. We opted for some brinner (breakfast for dinner) at Denny's. Once again, we carried on a conversation without a dull or awkward silence. It was like I had known Mark for years. Which I kind of did, if you remember my last post. Turns out we went to the same concerts and events, his step mom works with my grandpa, same singles ward, same group of friends, etc. It is truly amazing that we never dated before. haha. His mom is even a nurse practitioner so we have that same interest as well. Small world! When we went to pay, Mark told the cashier that the waitress said to give us 25% off. She actually believed him and was in the process of doing it when I told her she really hadn't said that. I thought it was pretty funny though that he would say that. He was just my kind of guy ;)

By the time Mark took me home, I was thinking I really liked him. He has a very fun personality and we really had a lot of fun together. Before he left he said, "I normally don't do this but..." I was thinking he was going to try and kiss me. I told myself if he does, I will NEVER go out with him again. Kissing on a first date, really?! He finished with "...would you like to go on another date with me sometime?" I just started laughing. I was so relieved! Of course I accepted that offer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, Now I know why I like Mark so much, he can beat you! And, not become your enemy for the next five years! It must be true love. You really are made for each other.

Shari, Matt & Family said...

I love your comment LeeAnn!! haha It sure does sound like you've met your match Nicole!! I love hearing love story's, first dates and it all!! I really can't wait to meet him! He sounds like a neat guy! I'm so happy you found eachother after all this time! Fun story!! =) Thanks for sharing!!

Post a Comment